Monday, April 11, 2011

Graduation came and went....

      This May marks the one year since graduation as well as being 30 credits closer to my degree in Agriculture Education. I remember all the fun times I had in high school, all the friends I had and all the things I said would never change. Boy, was I wrong.I wasn't popular by any means but I was surrounded by a group people at almost any moment. Whether it was before class on a Monday morning or midnight on a Saturday night we were always close. I tried to be a social butterfly our group was no less that 6 but if we hit a movie we were closer to 8 or 9. Nowadays I have moved to a new lily pad in Tarleton. But so has everyone back home.....
      Its just so weird a year ago if you would tell me the guy i went to prom is now a frat guy, one of my friends is now into guys and the girl that was a virgin is now expecting i would have thought they were lying.  We had a close group, closer than most but now i drive four hours home & i talk to one of my friends. My best friend whom I saw as my maid of honor has not texted or messaged me all semester though she called me twice, to ask if I bought her little sis cigaretts and another to ask how to sober someone up. 
      Its so easy for ties to be broken so fast. Six months has totally changed friendships six years in the making.I'm glad there's memories & I have the friends I've made.

This was just something I've had on my mind lately,

Shelby




No comments:

Post a Comment