Friday, April 15, 2011

Major decision

I haven't posted in over a week but I'm going to try to post more often. Today I go to thinking about my major compared to all my friends both here at Tarleton State and back home in my small town of Marion, Tx. I'm pursueing a Agriculture Education major with a Ag Eco minor. I have a handful of friends going Pre-vet  (Which is so much harder than trying to become a doctor!) as well as a other Agriculture majors, Animal Science,  Bussiness and Hortilculture friends. When I discuss my next classes with friends they all look at me & ask if I need that or if it's elective. As far as basics go I need;
2 History Courses
2 Political Science Courses
1 Math
2 Science
1 Wellness Course (I took bowling)
2 Writing Courses

Other than these basics, I have to complete a list of Agriculture and Education courses. This Semester I took Power Units, where my partner & I took a part an engine and reassembled it then had to make sure it ran. Yesterday afternoon we found out the timeing was off & had to go and take it apart again..... I also took Intro to Welding, I was one of the better in the Lab/shop portion-surprisingly. I wasn't screaming when I had to light the Oxy-Acetylene which some were. Haha.
As far as next fall goes I'm looking at Agriculture Annalysis, Wildlife Management or Meat Science while most of my friends are debating on which upper level biology to take or upper level math course(s) to take.  


 Just a little update :))
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment